Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 3rd 2011


Some years ago an old aunt said to me “I think much of the trouble in this world is because of science”. I was bold enough to reply that scientists, whether they acknowledged it or not, are studying God’s creation. Therefore they are getting closer to God as they study.

We do too as we observe and enjoy all his wonderful creation around us, note the intricacies of all the things he has made and learn about him. Do we say a quiet thank you to him as we smell a beautiful rose which he has given us? Just at this very  moment as I write, a friend came in wheeling her cyclamen plant on her walker. She has cared for it through a winter’s die off when anyone else would have thrown it out. Now it is covered with leaves and buds.  She is so happy that she had to share her joy with me. God the creator, God the holy spirit must be moving in this place and I thank him in the name of Jesus. May I suggest you go outside and enjoy something he has made or buy a plant or herb for inside. Thank him, share your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment